When Julie, a super fan of Esther the Wonder Pig wanted a painting of her with best pal Shelby the dog, she turned to Todd, knowing he would create a work of art worthy of a celebrity pig with more than 1 million social media fans, a best-selling book and an amazing sanctuary for all animals Happily Ever Esther Farm Sanctuary. Todd was nonplussed by the assignment—whether painting a world-renowned pig or your dog or cat, all his subjects get the same loving attention and care. Watch Julie explain how Esther’s dads, Steve and Derek, ended up with their own copy of the painting.
Todd always has had an interest in drawing animals and in graduate school began to focus his work on them, painting a series of works featuring penguins, pigs, cows and elephants. Today, his primary subjects are dogs and cats, but he loves the opportunity to paint everything from horses to flamingos to “wonder” pigs. Contact us today to see how easy it is to commission a portrait of your best animal friend.
The animals that Todd honors in art are integral parts of people’s lives: They are best friends, treasured companions, lifetime pets. We can tell you how much a custom portrait means to recipients, but no one can tell the story of their furry friend and how an original portrait honors them better than the people who love them most.
Rusty is a playful pup who loves a good romp. When Rusty became part of the family, Keith wanted to honor the new dog’s important place in their pack with a custom dog portrait. And he wanted to make sure Todd captured a few of Rusty’s unique features, including a tail named after a certain famous person. Watch Keith to find out more!
Todd’s latest portrait was one very special dog, Kingston Another Lucky Dog. Just another unadoptable dog with many medical issues, dumped at a high kill shelter when he came into his rescue mom’s life. Sadly Kingston is now at the bridge but his life lessons are still with us. From Kingston’s last will and testament.
“The last item in my will, my last possession, is the love I leave behind. Please bestow it on the pets abandoned without hope or kindness.
Today, I am officially retired at the bridge. I have loved all my people who have been with me in recovery and through death. Mom may write a book or not, Stick will continue to grow and all of you wonderful people will continue to be kind and understand the strength of being kind. It is not a weakness. My Facebook page will remain for visitors and memories, but it is time to thank all of you for following. It has been such an honor to have you by my side, from abuse and neglect, degenerative myelopathy, struggles at the end, and leaving. I am a blessed dog. Abandoned and starving and then having such wonderful encouragement. I remember trying to find food and water and being so sick, and then at the end, I did not want to go, but my body said otherwise. I will see all of you later, of that have no doubt. Death is a burden and a blessing. It eclipses all day to day events, and then once understood, is just anticipation of meeting again. I love each and everyone of you.
Until later, ? Kingston at the Bridge”
Katie’s people knew a custom portrait would be the perfect gift. They were both hard-to-buy-for and didn’t need any more clothes, knickknacks, electronics or stuff. They knew a custom portrait would be a thoughtful, highly personal gift, but so many great photos of Katie, which to choose? Why not two! Contact us today to see how easy it is to commission a portrait (or two!) for those special people in your life.
Handsome Scofield has the best smile! A custom portrait is the best way to capture your pet’s unique look. We work with each client to create a one-of-a-kind portrait. You choose the medium (pencil, colored pencil or acrylics) and the size (from 8×10 to 24×30; custom sizes, too). And using your photos, together we’ll come up with the best composition, color palette and background for your portrait. Contact us today to see how easy it is to give the gift of art to your loved ones.
The holidays are just around the corner and Jimmydog’s Chief Canine Officer Freddie realizes it can be a stressful time for people. Always wanting to help, she’s put together a holiday gift guide that will make your holiday shopping quick, easy and stress free. Even better: The loved ones on your list will receive a thoughtful, meaningful gift they’ll truly cherish.
I don’t buy many gifts because I don’t have anywhere to keep money and haven’t gotten the hang of online shopping. But the holidays are coming up and I know you’ve got plenty of shopping to do. So, I’m offering my services. Think of me as one of Santa’s elves or your personal shopper.
Here’s what I suggest: Commission custom portraits by Todd Belcher for all your loved ones (or at least for your most beloved loved one!). You might be saying, “Of course, Freddie would suggest that.” Yes. Of course, I would suggest that—because a specially commissioned custom portrait of a favorite pet, beloved family member or cherished friend is The Perfect Gift.
This isn’t just my well-considered opinion. It’s a fact. I’ll give you 10 reasons why:
- A custom portrait is unique. At Jimmydog, we work with each client to create a one-of-a-kind portrait. You choose the medium (pencil, colored pencil or acrylics) and the size (from 8×10 to 24×30; custom sizes, too). And using your photos, together we’ll come up with the best composition, color palette and background for your portrait. (I often weigh in on these important decisions because I’ve developed quite an eye for these things!)
- A custom portrait is a true piece of art. There are online services that will take a photo and gussy it up with filters and screens and even print it out on a canvas for you. But none of those are true works of art. Todd depicts his subjects in richly dimensional environments and is known for capturing the spirit and personality of the pets and people he paints. Todd approaches each subject with empathy and care to create a distinctive piece of original art.
- A custom portrait is surprisingly affordable. Our prices start at just $175 for unique artwork created just for you. Check out Jimmydog.com for our easy-to-understand pricing guide.
- A custom portrait is thoughtful. Your loved one will know you didn’t just grab a gift card off the rack at the last minute. A portrait shows you’ve taken the time to think about what they love most and commissioned a well-known portrait artist to create a gift specifically for them.
- A custom portrait is perfect for all ages. Whether age 15, 35 or 85, everyone is touched by the gift of a portrait featuring their favorite people or pets.
- A custom portrait is perfect for all sizes. Unlike with clothing, you never have to worry about a portrait not fitting. Todd paint portraits in sizes from 8×10 to 24×30—perfect for every budget and any home. Custom sizes are available, too.
- A custom portrait is timeless. Every holiday season, there’s a trendy “must-have” gift. And by the next year, that once-hot item is sitting in a drawer or closet, forgotten. A custom portrait never goes out of style and will be treasured for years to come.
- A custom portrait is perfect for the person who has everything. Everyone has that hard-to-buy-for person on their list—the one who doesn’t need any more clothes, knickknacks, electronics or stuff. A custom portrait is a thoughtful, highly personal gift. Even the person who has everything will enjoy hanging their portrait in a place of honor in their home.
- A custom portrait endures. While cookie tins and fruit baskets make delicious gifts, they don’t last long (at least not around our house!). But a portrait will bring your loved one years of enjoyment. In fact, portraits often take on more meaning over time—for instance, becoming a treasured memorial of a pet who later crosses over the Rainbow Bridge. And, practically speaking, all Todd’s portraits are created on acid-free, nonyellowing heavy paper stock. Plus, we can give you additional framing tips to make sure your portrait never loses its original detail and vibrancy.
- A custom portrait is easy to commission. We’ve got a handy explainer on Jimmydog.com that walks you through the process step by step. It’s super easy and Stephanie Belcher is happy to answer any questions you might have. (One of my jobs as chief canine officer is guaranteeing that Jimmydog provides stellar customer service and I promise you that Stephanie is the best!)
See? The Perfect Gift.
Now all you need to do is visit our website at Jimmydog.com, call us at 336-201-7475 or email us at email@example.com. And don’t forget: We also offer gift certificates. They make great gifts, too!
And because you don’t have to worry about your holiday shopping anymore may I suggest you tackle another item on your holiday to-do list, like making dog cookies for your favorite canine pals. (I like the ones shaped like squirrels!)
Yours in dogness,