Miss Sally and Miss Betty’s Guide on How to Walk a Human
Humans need exercise. If they don’t get it the become “chubby.” It’s up to the dogs to save them.
1. Allow your human to tether themselves to you. This keeps them from wondering off or running away.
2. Your human will probably need breaks. Be considerate and stop and sniff often.
3. Bark frequently. Humans have short attention spans.
4. When you go to the bathroom, walk away. If you have trained your human correctly, they will pick it up. Good aerobics.
5. Periodically drag your human as fast as you can. This is called interval training.
6. Do not allow your human to shorten the walk. They are being lazy. Sit in protest if you must.
7. Once you return home, allow your human to remove their tether, then lick their face many times. This is positive reinforcement for a job well done!
Two for Tuesday! There’s a reason Golden Retrievers are one of the most popular dog breeds.They’re high-energy, social butterflies who love being the center of your home and heart. And yes, they do love to fetch, just like their name implies! There’s never a dull moment with a life-of-the-party Golden Retriever at your side. Accepting holiday orders. Contact us today to see how easy and affordable it is to commission your own custom portrait.
Ellie and Kaylie. 16″ x 20″ acrylic on acid free fine art archival paper. ©2021 Todd Belcher/Jimmydog Pet Portraits
We can’t let a month celebrating Pit Bull Terriers go by without remembering our own Boxer/Pittie mix, the Lovely Luna. Our Luna Love went over the rainbow bridge much too soon but in her short time here on earth she was a fine ambassador for her breed(s.) The sweetest, most loving, goofy, fun, energetic and playful girl. Luna gave the best hugs and kisses and we miss her sweet face so much everyday.
Did you know that during the World Wars, Pit Bull Terriers were used as mascots for the Army? Seen as symbols of bravery, loyalty and determination, they were incorporated into recruiting posters and other marketing materials. Many dogs also served as soldiers. #octoberispitbullawarenessmonth
Dutch and Jac. 16″x20″ acrylic on acid free archival paper. ©2021 Todd Belcher/Jimmydog Pet Portraits
October is Pit Bull Awareness Month. Top 10 reasons why Pit Bulls make great pets.
1. The Pit Bull Smile
2. Pit Bulls love to cuddle.
3. Pit Bulls love, love, love people.
4. Pit Bulls are hilarious.
5. Pit Bulls are great with children.
6. Pit Bulls are super loyal.
7. Pit Bulls are often very athletic.
8. Pit Bulls are very eager to please people.
9. Pit Bulls don’t require much grooming.
10. Pit Bulls are relatively healthy.
Django 16″ x 20″ acrylic on acid free archival paper ©2021 Todd Belcher/Jimmydog Pet Portraits
Pit Bulls are often left at shelters and looked over by adopters because of harmful stereotypes. These dogs are loving and affectionate, and they deserve forever homes. Help spread the word!
Basil. 11″x14″ acrylic on acid free archival paper. ©2021 Todd Belcher/Jimmydog Pet Portraits
Don’t ever forget. In honor and memory of those who lost their lives and the 2 & 4-legged souls who worked tirelessly to save them.
Pictured Denise Corliss with her search dog Bretagne at Ground Zero in New York City in September 2001. It was their first deployment together.
Bretagne (pronounced “Brittany”) was the last surviving search dog who worked at Ground Zero in New York City after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. The perpetually smiling golden retriever also deployed in response to Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Rita, Hurricane Ivan and many other disasters. Bretagne died on June 6, 2016, just shy of her 17th birthday.
The death of a beloved pet is a sad occasion. Today is Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day and today we remember the pets that are no longer with us. While the pain of losing a pet heals a bit over time, they are never forgotten, and today is their day. A wonderful way to remember a lost pet is to honor them through art. Whether one of Todd’s traditional portraits or his special rainbow bridge memorial, a custom pet portrait is the perfect way to keep your beloved pets with you always.